Tuesday, February 5, 2013

The Work of My Hands

This morning I read in Psalm 90:17 "Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us, and establish the work of our hands upon us; yes, establish the work of our hands."

And so, it makes me wonder, what is the work of my hands?

There are many things I do with my hands each day...


things that are necessary,


important,


helpful


and serving.


But still I wondered, is there something more that God wants me to do with my hands? Something eternal? What is the work that He wants my hands to do? To focus on? To prioritize?

And then I read this passage: Psalm 96:2-3 "Sing to the Lord, bless his name; tell of his salvation from day to day. Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous works among all the peoples!"

My daily tasks and responsibilities are important, but my eternal work is simply to praise Him for His life-changing work on the cross. And to tell others about His marvelous works!


And, how do I do that? Start close to home...telling those in my family and those around me about God's great saving work.


And then pray for those who are far away....


and be willing to go wherever He leads.


If its really that simple, why do we make life so difficult? So complicated? So busy!?  Lord, I bless Your Name, use my mouth to tell of your salvation every day, and use my hands to do the great work of declaring Your work among all the peoples.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Loved this post, Laura!