Friday, February 1, 2013

Your Soul

Early last month I was watching the simulcast of Passion 2013 and got to hear John Piper speak. He was talking about suffering, and made a statement that I immediately wrote down and cannot forget:
 "Jesus sustains our joy when everything around our soul gives way."

Powerful. Great reminder. No matter what is happening around you, no matter what circumstances you are facing, and even if your very body is falling apart, God cares for your soul. God cares for and sustains that part of us that is eternal...our souls.

"For you have delivered my soul from death, yes, my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of life."   Psalm 56:13

"Come and hear, all you who fear God, and I will tell what He has done for my soul."    Psalm 66:16


"There is no joy in the soul that has forgotten what God prizes." Oswald Chambers
             My Utmost For His Highest  January 21 entry

No comments: